UAE 7 Emirates Guides Introduction 
Welcome to the general introduction about the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
On this page, I’m going to introduce you to 19 basic and necessary information before you arrive in the country.
UAE map and UAE flag. Image source: Wikipedia
- National Dress: Abaya (for women) and Kandura/ kandora (for men)
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Population: estimated at 9,890,402 people in mid-2020 (Source) and only about 10% is native people.
- Biggest commercial city: Dubai (also the most populous)
- National colors: red, black, green, white
- Languages: Arabic (the official language), English, Hindi, Urdu, Tagalog, others.
- Religion: Islam (official religion), Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, others.
- Native citizens are called Emirati.
- National animal: Arabian Oryx. But falcon is the nation symbol/bird.
- Timezone: UTC +4
- Countries that share border with: Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar
- Emergency numbers: 997 – fire department, 998 – ambulance, 999 police (and all services) (full official list)
- Rule of the road: Right-hand traffic
- Currency: UAE Dirham (AED or Dhs)
- Currency notes: AED 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000. Coins are: 5, 10, 25, 50 fils and 1 Dhs. (1Dhs = 100 fils). Conversions: $1 = AED3.67, £1 = AED4.46, 1€ = AED4.00 (Please check your bank for current rate)
- Tip: tipping culture here is voluntary
- Types of credit cards and digital payments accepted in UAE: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Unionpay, Apple pay, Samsung pay, others.
- Public transportation: Taxi, bus, Careem, Uber, Udrive, e-scooter, water taxi (abra), others.
- Voltage and frequency: 220V, 50Hz (See more here)
- Power plug and socket: type G (See image below)
Image source: https://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
Introduce 7 Emirates of UAE
The UAE is a federation of seven emirates consisting of Abu Dhabi (which serves as the capital), Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Umm Al Quwain. (Src: wiki)
Please click on each of the photos below to learn more.
I hope that these 7 Emirates guides will have some very basic information. Feel free to dig deeper into my blog to find everything else you need. Good a question? Feel free to contact me or let’s talk on social media 😉
This “UAE 7 Emirates Guides Introduction ” post use free stock photos of Ainur Kamaev (photo of Sharjah), David Rodrigo (Dubai and Abu Dhabi), Fernando Jorge (camels), Pranav Madhu (RAK), Rumaisa Zia (UAE cushion), Umm Al Quwain from Unsplash.